How to Start & Grow Your Own Professional Consultancy
Are you yearning to break free from the shackles of corporate life and set up on your own? Are you working all the hours to keep your bosses and clients happy and leaving no time for yourself, your family or your health?
Emma Tarring from The Marketing Matrix will explain how a well-constructed Corporate Escape Plan will make sure you can exit your inflexible and demanding corporate job and set up a consultancy business serving the clients you most want to help, whilst earning the money you deserve.
By getting your strategy, branding, website and marketing ecosystem in place before you leave corporate life, you can hit the ground running and vastly increase your chances of success.
Who is Emma Tarring
Emma Tarring is a director and co-founder of The Marketing Matrix, the B2B marketing consultancy based on the river in Walton-on-Thames, Surrey.
She co-founded the company with Anneve Hutchinson in 2012 to help small businesses thrive and grow through effective, no-nonsense marketing.
Emma started out as a trade journalist in the IT and telecoms sector in the eighties where she developed the ability to get to the heart of a story very quickly – a skill that is still at the core of what she does today.
She later moved into PR and communications, and after leaving her role as Head of Corporate Affairs at Cable & Wireless Communications, spent ten years as a freelance B2B communications consultant.
When she’s not at work, you can find her paddling a canoe on the Thames or walking her Parson Russell Terrier, Rex.
On this edition of Business Connections Live, Emma discusses:
- Why it makes sense to design a business that uses all the skills and experience you have developed during your corporate career.
- Why you need to create a powerful vision for your own business well ahead of quitting your corporate job.
- How to avoid feeling that you need to buy into someone else’s business.
- What you need to create a consultancy that works with and supports your lifestyle and family commitments.
- How to create a consultancy that will mean that you could generate a healthy and sustainable income that can grow at your own pace.
- How to evade ‘re-capture’ back into the corporate world by working from a growth plan devised by marketing experts.
You will learn:
The confidence to start and grow your own consultancy business.
A flexible business that you can build around your family and lifestyle commitments.
A business that is true to your purpose, feels fulfilling and that you can be proud of.
How to improve your pricing and increase profits BCL235
with Mark Peacock
So how to improve your pricing strategy? For many businesses, they find themselves in the dilemma of how to price the product and services they offer. On this edition of Business Connections Live, we explain the basic principles that any business can apply to their pricing strategy to increase profits and help their business grow.
Watch the show How to improve your pricing and increase profits BCL235 with Mark Peacock