The Benefits of Cloud Computing, on this edition of Business Connections Live we talk to Tim Bodill of Phoenix.
Cloud Computing is now evolving like never before, with companies of all shapes and sizes adapting to this new technology. Industry experts believe that this trend will only continue to grow and develop even further in the coming few years. On this edition of Business Connections Live we look at The Benefits of Cloud Computing
Benefits of Cloud Computing
IT and those that work in the industry are very good at confusing the world with new technologies and even more new ways of describing them. What people don’t realise is that although Cloud is a fundamental shift in the way IT is delivered, the technology behind it is nothing new. Wide Area Networks and Data centres have existed for many years. What really is new is the level of innovation and improvements applied to these technologies that give Cloud the potential to change IT service delivery forever.
Phoenix has addressed this by providing a commoditised cloud service offering – CloudSure UK.
With CloudSure UK, Phoenix has brought enterprise class Cloud services to the mid-market. What makes CloudSure UK different is that you don’t need to be a highly skilled technician in order to access the full range of Cloud delivered packages and services. Phoenix has packaged them up into a range of easily understandable, off-the-shelf packages that still give the benefits of low-cost and high availability, but without the need of a computer science degree.
- Barriers to cloud adoption are coming down through the provision of commoditised standard platforms. As a result of this we are able to create products and services that are easier for our mid-market customers to understand
- Efficiencies are gained by providing a standard platform which are converted into cheap user based menu pricing
- This approach allows for pay-as-you-go/utility based model which also enables the flexibility for users to choose scalable cloud packages that can flex up and down as the business changes
- Phoenix are offering access to world class enterprise class datacentres – something which previously would have seemed too expensive for mid-market companies. As a result of having access to these data centres comes the reassurance that the environment is always available with automated monitoring built in
- Better adoption of the cloud enables the users to free up real estate/skills to focus on their core business. Phoenix through their provision of cloud services allows for SME businesses not necessarily ofay with
- Through our cloud services we are allowing SME access to enterprise class cloud services as a sensible price, something which previously may have been too expensive.
- Organisations now no longer need to hire in specialist skills or complex equipment freeing up headcount and office space. The benefits of this to SME’s are that they can save money, reduce risk and redeploy resources more effectively to suit business needs
- Utility based pricing enables businesses to flex up and down as their requirements change. This allows for better cost management/cash flow; businesses don’t have to tie up large amounts of capital. In addition the flexible nature of cloud allows SME’s to adjust their demand as their business changes
- SME’s can reduce the cost of their IT support and maintenance by outsourcing to the cloud. Servers and IT support contracts will no longer be required – many of which are required for a traditional IT delivery model
- The utility based flexible model means that SME’s can now demand the benefits of cloud that enterprises have been enjoying for years – innovative solutions on a reliable hosting platform
- Help to meet compliance regulations and UK Data Sovereignty requirements by hosting in UK only data centres. As we have UK only based data centres dealing with regulatory requirements such as Data Sovereignty become much easier for our customers.
Tim Bodill, Director of the Managed Services division of Phoenix IT Services http://www.phoenix.co.uk
https://www.businessconnectionslive.com/ – How Cloud Computing can benefit your Business
Business Connections Live Programme 41How Cloud Computing can benefit your Business
This is the Business Connections Live Business Channel On YouTube Business Connections Live Programme 41. Broadcast 25th June 2014