This policy (together with our terms and conditions of use sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand how all personal data collected by us will comply with the General Data Protection Regulation GDPR. We keep certain basic information when you visit our website and recognise the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what we will do with it.
For the purpose General Data Protections Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is Retail Therapy Media Limited T/A Business Connections Live of Unit 20a, Littleton House, Littleton Road, Ashford, Middlesex, TW15 1UU registration number 4864344. Data Protection Reg: ZA373117
This policy only applies to our site. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you expressly consent to providing by filling in forms on our site www.businessconnectionslive.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence for a short period.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We do not disclose your personal information to third parties except in the following circumstances:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- In the legitimate conduct of the business to our GDPR compliant third party producers, directors, editors, camera crew and event /streaming providers.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will request your express consent (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. In compliance with GDPR, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by either emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning 01784 256777.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 gives you the right to access information held about you without charge. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Regulation. Subject Access Requests may be submitted to email@example.com. Alternatively, you may write to Business Connections Live, Unit 20a, Littleton House, Littleton Road, Ashford, Middlesex, TW15 1UU.
We seek to resolve directly all complaints about how we handle your personal information but you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at Wycliffe House,Water Lane, Wilmslow,Cheshire,SK9 5AF. Telephone – 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 Website: https://ico.org.uk/concerns