How to Fast Track Your Business
Streamed live on 20th August 2014
https://www.businessconnectionslive.com/ – Business Connections Live Programme 49 Broadcast 20th August 2014
Its what every business owner needs to know, How To Fast Track Your Business. Ask yourself these questions.
How does an MD evolve from being hands-on during the start-up phase to delegating and having a more strategic role?
How do you find the right staff for a fast growing business?
How do you retain the company’s values and ethos during a fast-growth period
How To Fast Track Your Business with Bishopsgate Financial
- Understand your marketplace and your audience’s needs in order to provide a product/service which is genuinely in demand – spot gaps in the market which you can address
- Think outside the box to deliver something different – i.e. Bishopsgate Financial’s Advance Training Programme which offers career opportunities to ex-services personnel and provides Bishopsgate Financial with a pool of home grown talent.
- Consider how to attract the best skills – look at transferrable skills/people from other industries. Offer training and responsibilities to inexperienced staff and help them to rise to new challenges.
- Empower your staff /ensure they feel involved in the business and motivated to help the business to grow.
- Managing Director’s leadership skills are critical for a fast-growing business – ensure that he/she is given support (through training/mentoring etc) to evolve from a hands-on to strategic role
Developing a strong company culture, values and ethos is key for a fast-growing business
- Learning from different industries is important for a fresh perspective
- Ensure your company values represent the brand and that all employees understand and adhere to these values – this will help with the positive external perception of your organisation
- Treating staff with respect and providing excellent career opportunities and training will help with staff retention
- Training raw talent will ensure that you have exactly the right skills you need for your business
- A focus on leadership skills for the MD and senior team is key for driving the business forward
Mike Hampson, CEO, Bishopsgate Financial
Mike Hampson is a successful entrepreneur with a career spanning 25 years in the finance sector, operating at board level in senior leadership roles in technology and transaction banking. He has held senior roles at Morgan Stanley, Credit Suisse and ABN AMRO and has successfully exited a number of other small businesses. He is a co-founder of Bishopsgate Financial and also Managing Director of Midpoint.com, a disruptive peer to peer currency exchange and payments platform.
Adam Crawford, Director
Adam Crawford, MBE, joined Bishopsgate Financial in April 2014 to support the organisation’s ambitious growth plans.
Previously a Lieutenant Colonel with the Royal Marines, Adam was appointed for his expertise in leadership and his strategic capabilities. Part of his remit is to help the City-based consultancy to further capitalise on its Fast-track 100 success and attract and develop the very best talent. In particular, he is focusing on Bishopsgate’s Advance Training Programme, designed specifically to offer career opportunities in the City to ex-services personnel.
Bishopsgate Financial is the UK’s fastest growing management consultancy, ranking 4th in The Sunday Times Fast Track 100 2013, with growth of 228.72% over the last three years.
The companyhas experienced particular success over the last year – including launching a major new training initiative to offer career opportunities in the City to former armed forces personnel in addition to client, Associate (freelance consultants) and employee growth.
Sign and win a Free Business Video worth £875.00 from Business Connections Live.
Business Connections Live Programme 49 How to Fast Track Your Business
This is the Business Connections Live Business Channel On YouTube Business Connections Live Programme 49. Broadcast 20th August 2014