How To Prepare For A No Deal Brexit UPDATE
The consequences of a no deal Brexit will affect all areas of business especially those engaged in international trade and supply chains. Under a no-deal Brexit, the UK will leave the EU Customs Union and become a third country for EU import/export purposes.
This will mean that trade between the UK and the remaining EU member states will be subject to duties and customs procedural requirements.
International data transfers. If the UK leaves the EU without a deal, then it would by default become a ‘third country’ for the purposes of transferring EEA personal data to the UK. UK businesses would therefore need to meet additional safeguards before the personal data can be transferred from the EEA to the UK to avoid fines.
Who is Linda Bazant
Linda Bazant is a Barrister, Data Protection & Brexit Consultant and Speaker.
Linda advises businesses on preparing for Brexit; updating them on government initiatives/support and advising on how a no-deal Brexit may impact their future trading with the EEA.
On this edition of Business Connections Live, Linda Bazant will explain:
- Proposed import and export processes after Brexit
- Applying for an EORI number
- Accounting for import VAT
- Help from HMRC
- Additional safeguards when transferring personal data from the EEA.
Learn the business fundamentals on:
- The needed level of preparedness prior to leaving the EU on continuing international trade
- A knowledge of how to complete customs paperwork or where to go to for help
- Compliance with HMRC requirements
- Ensuring that all contracts have been updated with regard to the transfer of EEA personal date to the UK
How Automation Will Impact Your Workforce BCL266
with Jo Taylor
Jo Taylor of ManpowerGroup Solutions will explore the impact that digitisation is having on the world of work, and what employers need to do to remain competitive. Drawing on a survey of 19,000 employers in 44 countries, Jo will discuss the ways in which organisations foresee automation and digitisation affecting their business and the strategies they should consider to remain competitive in the war for talent.
Watch the show How Automation Will Impact Your Workforce BCL266 with Jo Taylor