How Good Nutrition And Strategic Eating Benefits Mental Health
On this edition of Business Connections Live Steve Hyland asks Kate Cook International Speaker on Healthier Lifestyles how good nutrition and strategic eating benefits mental health.
As autumn approaches we all start to mourn the shorter days, and disappearing sun. We now have optimised our Vitamin D (the sunshine vitamin) so vital in mental health concerns. Of course, mental health issues don’t just apply to men but we know that A staggering 12 men commit suicide in the UK a Week. Apparently 3/4 of people who are depressed are women but 3/4 of those who commit suicide are men. It is thought that men tend to act out their depression more that women – often men still feel the burden of responsibility of protecting the family is weighing on their shoulders alone, even if the partner is working and providing too. Men really do need to be keeping sane.
The foundation for finding sanity is to start eating in a way that at least gives you a chance to be sane. Many foods we eat now such as cola drinks, junk food are chemical cocktails, they can’t give our brains a chance to be ‘normal’. It’s actually a wonder that anybody is operating at any kind of normal level. We are not giving our minds/bodies any of the fuel that might get a sane result.
Kate gives talks and workshops to business clients empowering their staff to adopt healthier lifestyles. Kate is passionate about making nutritional change easy and effective. She is a highly experienced international speaker and her successful practice methods have secured extensive TV appearances, publishing deals, magazine features and commissions as an international keynote speaker.
On this edition of Business Connections Live, Kate will explain:
- The power to change your mental health performance and resilience through great food foundations
- People do not make the connection between mental health and physical health
- Body health is mind health
- Radical changes can be made with effective nutrition
Learn the business fundamentals on how your business can achieve:
- Since dysregulated blood sugar causes fluctuations in mood knowing how to stabilise blood sugar corrects this position
- Learn how to break the cycle of mental stress and tension using good nutrition
- Improve wellbeing by understanding your mental health needs and using nutrition to keep you balanced