How To Keep Your Remote Workers Engaged
On this edition of Business Connections Live Steve Hyland asks Iain Bell is Managing Director of Minted Box, How To Keep Your Remote Workers Engaged.
Where does the power lie in your business? You might suggest it’s with the people at the top the visionaries or the strategists. Or perhaps with the financial gurus, or whoever writes your business plans. But in fact, the power in your business lies with your people. They are the ones putting the plans into place; taking the vision and making it work; the frontline between you and your customers.
So, engaging your people, especially your non desk teams, with your business could be the difference between success and failure. Or, if you already think you’re successful, just how much better could it be if your workforce was really, truly engaged?
On this edition of Business Connections Live, Iain will explain how:
- It improves productivity employees who understand what your business is trying to achieve and their role in your success work harder.
- It improves retention Making your workplace somewhere special means less staff turnover and a much better working environment.
- It improves sales customer-facing staff who are motivated and happy in their work are better to do business with
- It improves recruitment good workplace ethics boost your reputational brand, making your business popular with applicants.
It improves you if you’re a business owner or a manager, you have probably already encountered employee complaints, poor working atmospheres and problems with teamwork. Employee engagement is a two-way thing; if you create a positive and happy workspace, you will benefit from it in terms of your enjoyment of your daily work, and the commercial benefits it brings
Learn the business fundamentals on how your business can achieve:
- Are you telling your staff enough about the business?
- Poor communication is one of the things most often mentioned in staff surveys and personal feedback sessions.
- If you think you could be doing more to engage your employees: Why not start by taking a look at how you communicate?
- Are they able to communicate well with you?
- There are a lot of strategies and technology around that can help you to do things smarter, helping your business to benefit from highly engaged employees.