European Union Withdrawal Agreement
What actions must you take now?
How does the European Union (Withdrawal Agreement) Act 2020 affect your business? The UK ceased to be an EU member state on 31st January 2020. Are you ready for UK Transition?
What is the impact of on your business after the EU-US Privacy Shield was declared invalid by the Court of Justice of the European Union. What this means if you export EU/UK citizens personal data to the United States;
What actions must you take now to ensure that your business is ready for trading on the global stage on 1st January 2021?
Who is Linda Bazant
Linda Bazant is a Barrister and Transition Consultant who specialises in advising clients on how to prepare UK businesses for the global stage post-transition.
She is a member of Gray’s Inn, the Bar Association of Commerce and Finance in Industry and The Institute of Export and International Trade.
On this edition of Business Connections Live, Linda discusses:
- How the process for importing and exporting goods will change from 1st January 2021;
- What will change on 1st January 2021 for business travellers to Europe; How insurance cover will change;
- How to take goods out of the UK temporarily. (e.g. sales samples for a trade show);
- Why your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) is only valid to 31st December 2020.
- Why the EU-US Privacy Shield was declared invalid by the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) on 16th July 2020, and what this means if you export EU/UK citizens personal data to the United States;
- Will UK court judgments continue to be swiftly enforceable in the EU from 1st January 2021?
You will Learn
- An awareness of doing business with the EU post transition;
- How to legitimately continue to transfer personal date to the US;
- What to put in place to enable employees to continue to travel to the EU;
- The implications for commercial contracts that run beyond 31st December 2020;
- What will be the effect of EU Regulatory measures that have been incorporated into UK commercial agreements;
- The need for urgent analysis of your existing agreements with regard to governing law, jurisdiction and dispute resolution.
For more great information visit our Guests website or follow them on Social Media.
Online Brand Reputation Management BCL261
with Relton Herron
Online Brand Reputation Management is critical in today’s online world. Many of us before we buy a product or a service will go online to qualify the purchase and its not just big brands that take their brand image seriously. With the influence of social media and in the B2B market an ill-conceived post on Linked\in or Facebook can spell ruin for a small business.
Watch the show Online Brand Reputation Management BCL261 with Relton Herron