Streamed live on 9th April 2014
https://www.businessconnectionslive.com/ -7 Ways Your accountant can help you – Business Connections Live Programme 30 Broadcast 9th April 2014
Most global corporations have the luxury of an in-house team of accountants working round the clock to ensure that taxes are paid on time, profit potential is evaluated and growth is managed successfully. However, a good accountant is as much a vital part of a small or start up business as it is for international companies.Many small businesses are run by husbands & wives as a team but important issues still apply.
On this edition of Business Connections Live we look at
7 Ways Your accountant can help you and your business.
We look at the importence of having a
- Correct structure of the business – Sole Trader, a Partnership or Limited Company.
- Remember, for new businesses do your homework/research/know your customer base.
- Dont forget The Business Plan – don’t make it too long or complex
- Most impottant, running your own business is hard work!
- Understand your businesses knowing your customer base /having a good team of people is also essential.
- Pension provision and changes being introduced.
- Multi talented skills needed for a very small business.
- Budgets and cash flow
For those starting a new business:.
- Seek advice early on – you may have to pay!
- Use a qualified accountant for the financials and tax work
- Business owners should ensure they have Wills and consider Shareholder Protection.
- Delegate where possible
Shaw Walker Lees have a wide range of services to different businesses/sectors.
Our guest Philip Skinner has over 30 years experience advising clients in business accounting, tax and financial
Shaw Walker Lees have two offices, Covent Garden London and in Norwich.
A total of 40 technical staff/partners & support staff provide an extensive service to SMEs and business.
-Business Connections Live Programme 30 – 7 Ways Your accountant can help you
This is the Business Connections Live Business Channel On YouTube Business Connections Live Programme 30. Broadcast 9th April 2014