The Commercial Invoice
Not just a mechanism for payment
SMEs run the risk of having their export goods to the EU stopped at the border from 1st January 2021 if they have not completed the new paperwork correctly.
Freight forwarders will need additional information
Freight forwarders and intermediaries will need additional information from you before they can complete customs declarations on your behalf.
Your cargo may not be collected
You run the risk of not having your cargo collected by your freight forwarder if you cannot provide them with a Commercial Invoice.
Linda takes you through all of the items that need to appear on the completed invoice such as Commodity Codes, Incoterms and Rules of Origin. What are they? Find out by watching the programme.
Who’s LInda Bazant
Linda Bazant is a barrister and International Trade Adviser. She is a member of Gray’s Inn and the Bar Association of Commerce and Finance in Industry (BACFI). Linda is also an affiliate member of The Institute of Export & International Trade and a member of the Non-Executive Directors Association.
Linda is a regular speaker and panellist for Richmond Events and is a Brexit Clinic adviser and online trainer for Surrey Chambers of Commerce. She was recently a speaker at the EUGDPR Global Conference and speaker and panellist at the Data Protection World Forum – Brexit Briefing on the UK as a Third Country. She is a regular contributor to the Scope TV programme on IndusDotNews.
She continues to be a Brexit Transition keynote speaker and panel member in addition to providing consultancy, bespoke training and regular webinars for her clients.
On this edition of Business Connections Live, we will explain:
- The Commercial Invoice – not just a mechanism for payment
- Why it is the trader’s responsibility to provide a Commercial Invoice and not the freight forwarders.
- Why the Commercial Invoice plays a unique role for customs declarations
- Commodity Codes – What they are and the cost of getting them wrong
- What Incoterms are and how they define delivery and risk
- What Rules of Origin are and why they are important
Key learnings from this show:
- Use of accurate Commodity Codes and how to find and apply them
- How to avoid costly mistakes when negotiating Incoterms
- How to apply Rules of Origin to your product
- How to obtain a Certificate of Origin
Never mind the politics focus on your business BCL273
with Antonio Falco
Are you concentrating to much and waiting on the politicians to come to a conclusion. Has your business suffered because of the uncertainty? Antonio Falco takes a look at what businesses should be doing now to maintain their profitability. This is regardless of the outcome of negotiations. So how do we build our business in uncertain times?
Watch the show Never mind the politics focus on your business BCL272 with Antonio Falco