Catching People Doing Things Right
On this edition of Business Connections Live Steve Hyland asks Derek Williams, leading authority on employee engagement and customer service about Catching People Doing Things Right!
Lack of employee engagement is costing the UK an estimated £340billion every year. That’s roughly £14,000 per working person in sickness, attrition, lost productivity, accidents in the workplace and poor customer service. Many managers try to overcome this situation with financial incentives but completely kill trust and goodwill in the process; we seem to have lost sight of the power of employee recognition. The best way to grow our economy, become a centre of service excellence and improve standards of living is to engage our employees better. and our customers are in a great position to help make that happen.
Derek has won five national awards for customer service in his own business he then founded The WOW! Awards – it’s all about catching people doing things right. He works with organisations around the world helping to create great places to work, great places to be a customer and great results!
On this edition of Business Connections Live, Derek will explain:
Most of what we do is driven more by our fears than by our aspirations.
- Myth #1 Customers only ever want to complain
Myth #2 By managing the detail we will achieve a better outcome.
- Myth #3 People are motivated to perform better when we pay them more.
- Myth #4 Softness is weakness in management.
Sincere recognition is the most powerful driver of employee engagement; it’s also the hardest to do well because it’s not urgent enough.
Learn the business fundamentals on how your business can achieve:
- Keeping your your best employees.
- Reduced cost of absence and attrition.
- Improved creativity.
- Reduced accidents in the workplace.
- 62% of people would rather have a new boss than a pay rise.
- Improve customer service – reduced complaints, improved retention, improved spend, improved bottom line. Improved patient recovery rates in the healthcare sector.
- Improved brand – create a better place to work and people will be queuing up at your door