Driving for Work
Benefits Of An Occupational Road Risk Programme
On this edition of Business Connections Live Steve Hyland asks David Richards from DriveTech, about Driving for Work and the Benefits Of An Occupational Road Risk Programme. Driving for work involves risk… and too many people are killed or injured on our roads every year, many of them involving people who drive for work.
How to implement An Occupational Road Risk Programme
This programme is about practical advice on how to implement a programme that makes sure you, as an employer, are legally compliant, your drivers are legal to drive. In addition, it will explain how you can reduce the risk of your drivers by assessing their risk and then giving them appropriate training.
Finally, It will show training in action and also evidence that training programmes can save you money.
David Richards – DriveTech
David Richards is from DriveTech, part of the AA. His job is to share information and knowledge about driving for work so that people make better driving decisions. He’s been in the industry for nearly 15 years. with a wealth of experience and expertise, David will give practical and useful advice for the fleet operator and driver.
On this edition of Business Connections Live, David will explain:
- Why driving for work is an important issue for businesses
- Why health and safety fines have recently increased since Feb 2016
- How you can ensure your drivers are legal
- How you can lower the risk of your business drivers through driver risk assessment and training
- How driver training works; see it in action!
- Why driver training works and gives a good return on investment
Learn the business fundamentals on how your business can achieve:
- Compliance with the Corporate Manslaughter and Health and Safety legislation
- Reduced fleet costs – cars, vans, trucks, buses, coaches, off-road 4×4 and specialist vehicles.
- Fewer collisions meaning safer drivers
- More stable vehicles insurance costs
- Lower service, maintenance and repair costs for company vehicles
- Lower wear and tear on company vehicles