Networking The Cafe Way
Networking The Cafe Way On this edition of Business Connections Live Steve Hyland asks Penny Power OBE, about how she is creating a very special new business community. This time, online and offline, The Business Cafe.and her experience of the crowdfunding journey.
Blending the social networking culture for business, into a Cafe network, our own Cafe’s, branded and beautiful. When Penny owned Ecademy with her husband Thomas, they wanted members to own a share, due to FCA rules and pre the advent of Crowdfunding they were too early with this philosophy, but not this time. With The Business Cafe they would like small businesses to own shares.
Penny Power OBE is a business women who has committed her life to supporting small businesses to connect as friends, have the skills they need and to build the mental strength they need when life is not all good.
this started in 1998 when she launched the worlds first social network for business, Ecademy, 4 years before LinkedIn. Now Penny is bringing new concept to the world of business networking, The Business cafe
On this edition of Business Connections Live, Penny will explain:
- Importance of building community around your business
- The Crowdfunding journey
- The importance of digital skills, especially digital marketing and business apps
- Overcoming challenges and life. Tricks for mental strength
- Why real engagement is so important and we mustn’t automate everything
- How to communicate raw and real and why we now seek this to build trust
Learn the business fundamentals on how your business can achieve:
- Community building
- Maintaining mental strength
- Permission to be themselves – no longer hiding
- Strength to be brave
- Digital Skills and apps that they need to learn