Production and Editing Terms and Conditions
- Production Fees and Additional Charges
1.1.The Client shall pay to Retail Therapy Media Limited T/A Business Connections Live (BCL) the Production Fee, together with all Additional Charges arising.
1.2. Subject to any special conditions of payment that may be agreed in writing between the parties to this Agreement, 50% of the Production Fee shall be payable when the Client has made a confirmed booking in writing and prior to commencement of pre-production and is not contingent on the provision of a PO number which is the client’s responsibility. The remaining balance of the Production Fee shall be payable and cleared no later than three working days prior to the commencement of filming. All payments to be made by bank transfer.1.3 Any Additional Charges shall be paid within five days of the date of any invoice for such Additional Charges.
- BCL’s production fees shall be exclusive of VAT, disbursements and expense items related to the agreed productions and editing such as messenger services, postage, overseas telephone charges, photocopying, photography and prints, disk or tape duplications, creation of audio and video streaming files, music licences, Electronic file media, hard drives, memory stick, travel accommodation, subsistence, and similar items which will be invoiced to the client on the relevant project, or separately as necessary.
- The client’s requirements must be clearly provided to BCL in writing before commencement of work and subject only to one set of minor alterations thereafter.
- Major alterations to a project, not agreed prior to the commencement of work, must be made subject to a further written agreement and fee.
- A production will only be publicly released by BCL once the client approves all content as complete and satisfactory and confirms this in writing.
- The client may terminate the contract at any time by written notice of termination.
- When a client terminates the contract, they will remain liable to pay in full for all work previously undertaken and in progress by BCL unless any other written agreement is reached in advance.
- Any monies held on account and unused will be returned subject to a 5% administration charge
- BCL reserves the right to refuse to use, publish or broadcast any information it considers obscene or morally unsuitable or which would breach copyrights, or which is libelous, defamatory or otherwise illegal.
- Should such a submission occur, the client will be advised which information was deemed unsuitable, and requested to amend the information. If the client can show good reason to use the “unsuitable” information, its inclusion may be considered.
- BCL cannot be held liable for loss or damage caused as a result of third party action or failure.
- The client shall provide appropriate security and insurance arrangements for any filming outside of the United Kingdom for which BCL provides crew or equipment and such arrangements shall be notified to BCL in writing in advance of travel to that jurisdiction.
- BCL cannot be held liable to any party for any errors on any medium after the client has agreed in writing that the content is correct and accurate and should be posted, published or broadcast.
- Client contracts may be modified by agreement in writing at any time to add or delete services to better fit the client’s needs.
- If a project requires additional content this is, in effect, a contract change. An amendment will be made to the original contract and, once approved, becomes contractually binding.
- E-mail correspondence shall be sufficient to prove changes to agreements for the form and content of programmes and projects.
- BCL will not commence work on any project until a signed purchase order or equivalent signed document has been provided by the client.
- In consideration of, and subject to, the final payment of full fees due to BCL by the client, BCL hereby assigns to the client with full title guarantee all the present and future copyright and other intellectual property rights howsoever arising in the content.
- Any confidential or proprietary information which is acquired by BCL from a client company, person or entity will not be used or disclosed to any person or entity, except when required to do so by law. If required, BCL will sign and adhere to the conditions of any legal Confidentiality Agreement used by the client.
- Any contract requiring BCL to work to specific deadlines provided within the written agreement will be deemed to include a proviso that the clients will make themselves reasonably available to communicate with BCL, its servants or agents, as necessary.
- BCL office hours are UK GMT 9.00am to 5.30pm and studio hours are 8.00am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday
- Any claims must be made in writing to BCL within 7 days of receipt of the commissioned product. If no claim is made within this period the client is deemed to have accepted the goods at the agreed price.
- Should the client have cause to make any complaint about service or programmes, the complaint, if put in writing to a Director, will be acknowledged by BCL within 14 days and a detailed reply will be issued to the client within a further 14 days thereafter. In cases of complaint, all relevant work together with invoice and original materials should be returned to BCL.
- BCL shall be under no liability if unable to carry out any provision of the contract for any reason beyond its control including (without limiting the foregoing) Act of God, legislation, war, fire, flood, drought, failure of power supply, lock-out, strike or other action taken by suppliers or owing to any inability to procure materials required for the performance of the contract. During the continuance of such a contingency the client may, by written notice to BCL, elect to terminate the contract and pay for work done and materials used but subject thereto shall otherwise accept delivery when available.
- These terms and conditions override those of any other party.
- This agreement will be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
Retail Therapy Media Limited, T/A Business Connections Live Unit 20a, Littleton House, Littleton Road, Ashford, Middx, TW15 1UU Registered Address: Retail Therapy Media Ltd, 26 Great Queen Street, London, WC2B 5BB Reg No:4864344