How do Google AdWords/Ads work?
How to advertise on Google a guide for business
Should you advertise on Google? Without doubt, Google advertising is a great marketing strategy for business owners of all sizes. You can show an ad for your business to people who are actively searching for your products or services at that very moment. This type of targeting alone makes Google a very attractive option for SME’s.
For many years, the best way to advertise on Google has been through Google AdWords now known as Google Ads. Google Ads is the paid advertising feature offered by Google themselves, allowing business to run targeted ads to their users. This, in turn, helps to increase website traffic and leads to a higher conversion rate. When Google is the highest-ranking search engine in the world, Google Ads is, without a doubt, the most cost-effective way of getting your business out there.
Who is Dominic Renshaw
Dominic founded AdExtra in 2011, as a way to support his passion for online marketing. But he didn’t start out as a marketer. In fact, Dominic began his career with a degree in Law from Staffordshire University, before moving into retail. There, he gained extensive and in-depth knowledge of both marketing and general business operations, working for brands such as Selfridges, Harrods and Shell UK. In 2004, he decided to take the plunge and become self-employed, running an events company for many years before he realised his dream and created AdExtra a Google Ads specialist. Since then, he has qualified as a Google AdWords expert and Analytics Certified Partner and is the driving force behind AdExtra’s success.
On this edition of Business Connections Live
- Knowledge of how to create a Google Ads campaign.
- The importance of keyword choice.
- An understanding of where ads are shown.
- An understanding of which types of ads to use for your product or service.
- An understanding of working out how much your Ads will cost.
- An understanding of how to track your ROI.
Learn the Google fundamentals on using Adwords and Google Ads:
- What happens when you search on Google.
- How do I determine the keywords to use?
- What gets entered into Google Auctions.
- How does Google determine which ads are shown and where?
- How does Google determine what you pay?
- How to track your ROI.
How To Be An Expert In Your Industry BCL218
with Emma Tarring and
The Marketing Matrix specialises in positioning owner-managed businesses and consultants so that they can win higher-value, more enjoyable projects. Run by
Find out How To Be An Expert In Your Industry with Emma Tarring and